March 24, 2009

Weekend Conversations

Joshua, looking at the hair on his arms one morning, says..."Mommy, my fur will keep me warm!"

As Jenna and I were strolling through the zoo this past weekend we both noticed something peculiar about one of the elephants. We tried to distract Micaiah's inquisitive mind by moving on to the next exhibit but we were a moment too late. Micaiah said as he watched the elephant, "What is that thing? It's moving!" We could see the wheels turning, and although we didn't want to try explaining the elephant's anatomical make-up, we were both waiting for his next remark. "It must be a two-trunked elephant" he said, "I've never seen a two-trunked elephant. Maybe Dr. Seuss made it up!"

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I have told this story countless times! I think it is hilarious!