December 5, 2010

Multitude Monday...


As I sat and listened to the sermon about Mary in Luke Chapter 1...I hung on these words..."Way too many people are dying with our best still in us."

His challenge...simply follow Mary's lead and take God at his word because "Jesus didn't come to leave us the same or to leave the best inside of us."


"What if we didn't limit his actions to what makes sense to us? What if we dared to believe that we were meant for greater things?" I know one thing...the world would see Christ if this were true because as he said..."He does great things through simply surrendered people." Think of Moses, Jonah, Esther, Noah, and Peter just to name a few.

What was Mary's response after hearing that she would be used by God to bring the Savior to the world? A song of praise to God...



Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
For the Mighty One is holy,
and he has done great things for me.
Luke 1:46-49

so I choose to do the same...praise him for what he is doing in my life and pray that I will respond to his voice as she did..."Be it unto me according to your word."

I continue my way to 1000 gifts as part of The Gratitude community...


103...the promise of Psalm 3:5 "...the Lord sustains me."


104...a gentle rain


105...snuggling with him while reading a book together


106...him finishing my sentences because he knows the book so well


107...familiarity of boxes from the attic that bring the excitement and anticipation of Christmas


108...hearing him call the baby Jesus "Little Lamb" and arguing emphatically that is his name


109..."Joshua, why are all of the nativity people lying down?"

"Because they are worshipping Jesus."


110...Going to see the Nutcracker with Joshua's class


111...hearing his excitement as he exclaims "I love Tchaikovsky's music!"


112...putting together Jib Jab christmas cards and hearing the boys laugh deeply


113...watching and discussing the Nooma video Store with our small group


114...neighborhood traditions


115...a whole line of stockings hanging on the mantel


116...Simply Christmas "Believe" wow...if we could really get this the world would be a different place


117...cookies with friends


118...hiding notes in his suitcase


119...that he learned to clap and brought excitement to the whole family



3 comments:

Elise said...

Wonderful!

#109 LOL, love it!!

Your thanks are beautiful, thank you for sharing!

Natalie said...

"Jesus didn't come to leave us the same or to leave the best inside of us."

This really resonates with me right now- recently finished Radical (have you read it?) and don't want to be the same anymore!

I love your list. #109- Wow! and #112- we love that, too!

Camille said...

What a sweet post...*loved* your list! Such a blessing to count and number these things, isn't it? How precious our Saviour is...how wonderful that we can celebrate HIM at this time of year!

I also think it's lovely that you put notes in his suitcase...he must be thrilled that you do! :)

Blessings,
Camille