February 21, 2011

Multitude Monday #312-365...

Hakarat Hatov~ Hebrew for recognizing good
"The secret embedded in the Hebrew is that gratitude depends on not getting something good, but on recognizing good...no matter how much we lack, no matter what difficult times we are passing through, every one of us can find a myriad of things to be grateful for...gratitude is a feat of consciousness which requires a 'back to basics' mentality, becoming cognizant of all the rudimentary things we usually take for granted."
Sara Yoheved Rigler

312...a good nights sleep
313...conversation with a friend as we walk the neighborhood
314...boys enjoying God's creation
315...boys piled up in the stroller
316...fresh air blowing through the house
317...a friends counsel
318...boys belly laughing as they have a "diaper" fight in the early morning
319...seeing Will's excitement when Wes comes home from work
320...snuggling with freshly clean baby before bed
321...Cadbury mini eggs are back on the shelves
322...kids waking early, asking if Uncle Josh is here
323...hearing his excitement as he calls to say he's on his way
324...Micaiah and I spending the morning cracking the code of Enigma
325...the "hunt" for his gifts
326...a handmade bookmark from Joshua
327...seeing him smile and catch my eye
328...a doctor that "walks with us"
329...dinner with my brother and his wife
330...seeing all the kids piled in next to them as they try to eat
331...getting baby kisses early in the morning while the house is quiet
332...hearing Will babble "Da, Da, Da" all day long
333...the boys sharing their excitement for the aquarium with Uncle Josh and Aunt Alison
334...the excitement over sitting in the "Splash Zone"
335...the dolphins delivered and splashed them!
336...catching a beautiful sunset
337...a late night conversation with my sister in law
338...tunnel rides back and forth as we yell to hear our echo
339...donuts gifts in the morning
340..."Today is the Day" drum send off for Uncle Josh and Aunt Alison
341...suitcase waiting to be packed
342...books/notes piled high
343...trusting God
344...full round moon
345...hearing of a friends healing prayer
345...rejoicing over talks changed at just the right time to provide encouragement
346...reading about His love
347...breakfast with my mentor
348...thanking her for spurring me on to "Remember" God's faithfulness
349...giving her this book
350...seeing God weaving thoughts together
351...seeing myself as a disciple in the boat
352...a friend read aloud
353...an afternoon nap
354...dinner out with friends
355...deep friendships...sharing life with one another...praying for one another
356..."Love...a divine invitation"
357..."I will trust you."
358..."eucharisteo always precedes the miracle"
359...finding encouragement in this passage
360..."Look, listen, love"
361...a long embrace from my husband
362...coming home to my 4 boys...loud, excited and welcoming
363...a clean house
364...an afternoon riding bikes outside
365...my word for 2011 (I decided this at New Years but it seemed fitting to be the 365th gift)...LOVE...



3 comments:

Lora Maria said...

i "love" your word for the year. That's a great one. I've never had a word for a year, but i've thought of it a lot since Ann brought it up. :)
blessings to you and thank you for stopping by on multitude monday! :)

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely list! The way family and friends and kids and everydays are all woven together is beautiful. :)

Craig said...

I’m visiting from Ann’s today. I know it’s Wednesday – but there are so many!!

First – thank you for this – how did you find it? “gratitude depends on not getting something good, but on recognizing good” – amen.

I always pick a favorite - and my favorite of yours today was ~ and the best was last - 365...my word for 2011 (I decided this at New Years but it seemed fitting to be the 365th gift)...LOVE... (My blog is 1 Corinthians love – every. single. post. I heart love – it’s a big four letter word, Godspeed with your year !! )

God Bless you and all of yours this day.