March 28, 2011

Multitude Monday #567- 585...

"I don't always think of myself as rich, and I'm guessing you may not think of yourself as rich either. But the reality is, if you and I have running water, shelter over our heads, clothes to wear, food to eat and some means of transportation, then we are in the top 15 percent of the world's people for wealth."
David Platt...Radical



as I continue this journey to 1000 gifts...this week I choose to focus on the gifts that I take for granted each day...

567...clean water

568...not having to walk miles to get the clean water
569...a mattress to sleep on
570...a pillow to rest my head
571...warm blankets to keep me warm
572...a roof to keep the rain/snow out
573...shoes for walking
574...a warm shower
575...not worrying about dying of a preventable disease
576...worshiping God without the threat of death
577...a car to drive
578...health in my body
579...that God "called me out of death"
580..."and called me into life"
581...that a faithful servant of Christ asked me to pray for Jesus to rescue me 29 years ago
582...clothes to wear
583...a loving family
584...the opportunity for an education
585...that God is faithful, even when we are faithless




7 comments:

Craig said...

SO true Jenna – we just don’t get how blessed we are. I don’t have much – not much more than in the quote – and Im blessed – we are blessed regardless of circumstances. And my favorite from your list today… 585...that God is faithful, even when we are faithless (because I had a different favorite until I got here – and this one – it just slayed me. Amen.)

God Bless and keep you and yours

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Amen! Reading the pages of Radical and being driven back to the message of the Gospel changed my gratitude list as well!

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

How it must hurt God's heart when I think of myself as "poor!" I really have no idea what poor feels like. I have been given so much. I'm with Craig on this one -- I loved your list, but REALLY loved the last one! That He remains faithful ---- regardless! Thank you for that reminder!

Christina said...

I loved that book, so convicting and really opens eyes to see just how blessed we are. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay said...

worshiping God without the threat of death ... AMEN!
Thanks for stopping by my blog -

Blessings to you this week!!

Jenny said...

Thanks be to God for the gift of seeing Him in the everyday. How many times have I taken the basics for granted and even complained about them? Too many.

{MrsH} said...

Amen to worshiping God without fear! My usband just finished Radical and I am getting ready to start it in a few. I look forward to being changed:) God bless