March 25, 2012

Multitude Monday #2041 - #2072...

Rejoice always! Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

This verse kept coming to mind this past week. You see...I had plans for spring break with the boys and they all came crashing to a halt when Will got sick.

He's had RSV before, but this time he was miserable...fever of 103...difficulty breathing that made me stop and count breaths to determine if we needed to make an emergency room visit for continuous nebs. He did not want to be put down...he just wanted to be held.

It took a day or two of fighting but then I felt like the Lord began to say to me..."maybe this is exactly what everyone needs...to slow and enjoy...will you chose to see me in this too?"


Yes, Lord...you say give thanks in "everything"...thanks for reminding me yet again that your word is true, you are worthy of my trust and you love us enough "to purge the soul, annihilating it, emptying it or consuming in it (even as fire consumes the mouldiness and the rust of metal) all the affections and imperfect habits which it has contracted its whole life..." (St. John of the Cross)

Giving thanks with the Gratitude Community for His unending gifts ...


2041...the big boys on spring break...

2042...seeing Micaiah tucked into the corner of the couch with a book

2043...everything in bloom

2044...a glorious week of weather...where the sun shines warm and long

2045...seeing Eli walking toward me with his hands behind his back and a smile on his face...knowing that he must have found a patch of flowers somewhere

2046...how Eli picks me flowers if he sees them and how he wants me to buy a bouquet of flowers at the grocery store

2047...Advil that soothes Will's fever and the nebs that help the cough and the wheezing that just won't let go

2048...Stash Morrocan Mint tea delivered...

2049...an early day for Wes

2050...going upstairs to make the boys beds and finding them already made...thank you Wes!


2051...the doctor's patient reassurance

2052...how he screamed for an hour and a half (while I became more and more frazzled as we tried different things to console him) and finally Daddy took him to the piano and played The Earth is Yours and he stopped

2053...how worship is the thing that soothed him...may I remember to run to Him too

2054...a sweet text from Wes

2055...an invite for a playdate on just the right day

2056...help from neighbors

2057...an encouraging email from my mom reminding me to "rejoice in His name all day long..."

2058...a late night game of tag ball in the backyard

2059...how Eli tells me "Momma...I love you all the way to Jesus and God and back!"

2060...a week of only doing the essential things

2061...hard eucharisteo...clutter that is out of control

2062...a week where they watched way too much TV, played way too much Wii and iPad and had a blast doing it!!

2063...reading this..."Our goal is to love God with our whole being, to be consistently conscious of God through our daily life---whether it is when we are stopped like Mary, sitting at the feet of Jesus, or active like Martha, taking care of the tasks of life. We know we have found our balance when we are so deeply rooted in God that our activity is marked by the peaceful, joyful, rich quality of our contemplation." Emotionally Healthy Spirituality

2064...realizing that loving God with my whole being (as in the example above) is something that I want to be more true of my life

2065...how Will turned his nebulizer mask into a whoopie cushion and how we laughed so hard as he did it over and over again

2066...texts from friends/family that are praying for Will

2067...driving through a "snowstorm" of cherry blossoms

2068...how Eli made it through the night after we propped him up high and took turns "sleeping" with him

2069...an early morning doctors appointment that allows us to start the antibiotic for bronchitis quickly

2070...how Eli going to see him allowed him to check Will's lungs again and confirm that they continue to improve

2071...an afternoon to spend shopping with a friend

2072...how His word in Psalm 54:4 says that He is my help and the one who sustains me."



1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I came over from a holy experience. What cute boys you have, I am also the mom of many boys 4 here on earth and one in heaven. We also have a girl. I love that scripture you used...it is my life scripture, the one I daily refer to. we also had a round of rsv this season. I enjoyed reading, many blessing to you. Thanks for sharing.