May 7, 2012

Multitude Monday #3047 - #3070...

"Always be thankful."
Colossians 3:15

Giving thanks with the Gratitude Community for His unending gifts...

...a ride on our front tree swing (yes, I begged the boys to push me)...

...revisiting an old favorite...Gift from the Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh


...this insight from the book...
"Moon shell...you will remind me that I must try to be alone for part of each day, even for an hour or a few minutes in order to keep my core, my center, my island quality.  You will remind me that unless I keep the island-quality intact somewhere within me, I will have little to give to my husband, my children, my friends or the world at large.  You will remind me that woman must be still as the axis of a wheel in the midst of her activities; that she must be the pioneer in achieving this stillness, not only for her own salvation but for the salvation of family life..." 

...a conversation with a loved one that brings change...

...knowing that WITH Christ all things are possible...

...watching Will and Taylor dance in the kitchen and then snuggle on the couch...


...him in his Daddy's shoes...



...finally having the courage to tackle the mound of laundry that is growing day by day...


...hearing him say "I felt the sky and it's warm so I put shorts on."

...listening to him sing a song to the birds hoping they will sing back to him... 

...a rhododendron ready to bloom... 


...the "funny little clown" in the book  The Little Engine That Could and how God uses my time reading to the boys to speak to me...

...their excitement as I read...

...a morning with my best friend that always listens and encourages while our kids play...



...buttermilk pancakes...

...how he greets his friend...



...my husbands example in parenting in our boys...

...his Parthenon lego creation with Athena inside (not quite finished yet)...


...Joshua's question "Why was it His love that kept Him on the cross?" and the explanation that followed...

...reading Matthew 12:43-45 in the Divine Hours and pondering about this in my life and in the life of those I love...

...an awesome game of scooter tag...


...a babysitter that sends me pictures of her time with the kids...

2012-05-03 10.27.15(1)

...a long run on a misty morning... 

...how he brings me this rhododendron flower and when I  ask him how he got it..."I climbed the tree so I could bring it to you."



  

2 comments:

Kschrage said...

Stopping by from Ann's blog. Your list made me smile and I loved the photos as well! I'm encouraged by the faith community you are obviously creating in your home as evidenced by that probing question about love and the cross.

monica said...

This is so precious…Love the pictures of the boys on the couch especially. Such a great reminder to embrace it all today. Thanks!