August 1, 2012

Multitude Monday #3272 - #3295...

"When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!"

We spent an extended weekend at the lake this past weekend.  The verse above from the hymn "How Great Thou Art" captures my thoughts as I hiked down to the stream with the boys one day.  I read recently that "time spent in God's creation reveals the face of God"...yes, yes it does!

Giving thanks with the Gratitude Community for His unending gifts...

...Micaiah verbalizing that sometimes he has a hard time feeling like God is with him and loves him and the conversation that followed...

...a neighborhood mechanic that drops the car off after it's been serviced...

...receiving this encouragement from a friend's gratitude list..."#10 A friend who has been changed by practicing gratitude even in trials, and how that has been changing all of us."...

...shucking corn with Eli and hearing about his day at camp...

...slow mornings...

...Grandma and Pap's fun adventure with Will...

...lunch with Wes...

...this practice of gratitude and how it continues to change me...

...Hallelujah by The Digital Age...



...this podcast from Passion City Church that I listened to Again and Again and Again...

...worship on the backroads...

...Will's reaction when we walked in the door to greet him at Grandma and Pap's...absolutely priceless...sheer joy...

...hummingbirds at the feeder...

...a bucket full of blackberries...



...a Sunday drive on Saturday through the backroads of West Virginia...

...a visit to the falls with the boys...







...birthday fun with Van...



...bikes through the empty campground...

...helping him catch a crayfish and water striders in his net...

...playing games with the boys while the rain falls outside...

...the way my husband loves on each of our boys in just the right way...





...throwing rocks in the water at sunset...






...the sky painted with colors and clouds...




...beautiful scenes on our way back to camp...






  

0 comments: