November 15, 2010

Multitude Monday...

"When gratitude is bound by circumstances, lives are bound to bitterness."

I saw this quote in Ann's post last week and it struck me...as the week has progressed it has become even more meaningful. We must choose gratitude...

so I continue my way to 1000 gifts...

64...Reading The Little Engine That Could to him and seeing the anticipation and excitement on his face as the Little Engine began to puff and chug

65...His long arms reaching to give me a hug and a kiss before bed...one day he'll be too old for this

66...watching the little one succeed and get a cheerio into his mouth while his older brothers cheered

67...holding his hand and running through the woods on "a hike" with the baby babbling happily on my back

68...deep friendships

69...the crunch of fall leaves underfoot

70...Saturday morning impromptu family worship

71...Becki Hedrick coffeehouse concert...what fun to be with an old friend and hear her soulful music

72...him scoring the goal that won the game against the team that broke their undefeated record in the end of the season tournament

73...our community of friends working together to be the hands and feet of Christ to my dear friend and her kids

74...the same community of friends fasting and praying for my friends husband healing

75...my husband broken before the congregation as he asked them to join him in praying for his friend

76...my husband sharing with the congregation the impact that Becki Hedrick and her husband had on him coming to know Christ

77...for Scott and Becki Hedrick that shared their love of Jesus with Wes and changed the trajectory of his life...we are eternally grateful


holy experience

2 comments:

Sharon @ Hiking Toward Home said...

That quote stood out to me as well. I remember going back and reading it again and again.
Stopped by from Ann's links. Nice to "meet" you!

Laura at By the Bushel said...

same here, that quote... wow, do I need that. I haven't posted with Ann in a while, but love reading folks. I'm in a valley, & am working through it, needing this reminder that circumstances can be very difficult, but we must still press on. Thanks for commenting on it, sharing your list, making our 'gratitude community' so much richer- blessings- Laura