August 3, 2011

A Day Trip...

A visit to the American Visionary Art Museum...

followed by lunch atop Federal Hill...



It had been a morning of bickering between the boys...
"I want to push the button first"
" I will be the first up the steps"
"I don't understand why you're scared of the steps"
"You're taking too long, it's my turn to push the button."
"Let's go over here."
"Let's go over there."
"I am hungry."
"I just want to go home."

So I was thankful that I stuck to my plan for lunch. The boys enjoyed watching the various ships go in and out of the harbor, and spotting different sites that we had visited on previous visits to the city.
But most of all, I am thankful that as we sat there eating lunch a women and her husband, son and daughter-in law walked by (a mother of 4 grown boys I later found out) and she repeated the words that I feel like God continually reminds me of again and again...

"Those were the best days...be sure to cherish every minute of it."

0 comments: