November 21, 2012

A Reflection...




What is it that makes him want to sing?  Is he more aware of the heavenly chorus that sings throughout the heavens and he joins in to do what his heart knows best?  

I read recently about a neurogurgeon that journeyed to the afterlife while he lay in a coma.  He described these 
"shimmering beings arced across the sky producing this huge booming like glorious chant."  He says... 

"it occured to me that the joy of these creatures, as they soared along, was such that they had to make this noise--that if the joy didn't come out of them this way then they would simply not otherwise be able to contain it."

There are times when I see this in him.  Singing "Beautiful Things" by Gungor at the top of his lungs while he plays trains.  Still other times when he promptly excuses himself from the breakfast table and goes down stairs to sing and play "Give Me Faith" on the drums.  And other times that he breaks out into song as we shop the aisles for groceries.

Even as a baby there were times when we were not able to soothe him until his Daddy would sit at the piano and worship...his crying would slow and his breathing would again return to normal...peace had come.

And now when he tangles himself amidst my legs while I'm making dinner and says "I want [you] to dance with me."    When I answer his request with music and dancing around the kitchen I realize he's teaching me too...what it means to let go of inhibitions and join in the heavenly chorus and worship like I was created to worship.  As we twirl around the kitchen and sing I sense the stress of now begin to fade away and the truths of His word fill my heart and soul.

Will...I'm eternally grateful for your heart for worship...sing on sweet boy.
 Love, Mommy

0 comments: