May 26, 2013

The Best Part of My Day...

Why is this so difficult to define?  I think it's because I have all these ideas about what it could be on a certain day...

...a morning quiet time with the Lord 
OR
...when our little one comes sleepily down the hall with his "dranky drew" jingling and climbs into bed to snuggle 
OR
...when the boys are all listening intently to a story I'm reading
OR
...when my husband walks in the door and embraces me with a hug and a kiss
OR
...when I'm uploading pictures from the day to blog about the good gifts I saw from the Lord and it makes me stop and remember that the glass really is "always right full"
OR  
...when I'm traveling in the car with my eldest and we talk about things that really matter
OR 
...when I'm outside, the sun is shining, a gentle breeze is blowing, the boys are playing and they draw my attention to a small miracle of the Lord...a flower, some slimy creature, a blooming tree
OR
...when I walk down the steps after jammies, bedtime books, snuggles and back rubs...

You see it's all of these things but the moment of my day that continues to resonate with me as I've tossed this question over and over in my mind...

...is the moment my hands plunge into a warm, soapy sink of water...

...the boys have gone off outside with their dad...the witching hour is passed, the dinner time battle is over and the house falls quiet.  I watch from the inside as the boys play with their Daddy...baseballs flying, a swing soaring "super higher" into the sky and go carts and flash riders racing...

...all while I wash the remnants of dinner from the dishes and bring order into the beautiful chaos of the past 12+ hours.  My mind that has been racing from task to task all day long can wander or rest...the warm water prompts me to pause and slow...and bringing order to the chaos makes me feel safe again.  Daddy's here to help...bedtime is near and all the stress of the day slowly drains away.        

0 comments: