July 8, 2013

Dinner, Sunset and a Dance Party...

About 8 years ago...I was praying for a mentor.  Someone to walk through/encourage me as I journeyed through this next phase of life.  It was a prayer that my friends Nicka and Keyne shared.  Betsy Goodman was the answer to our prayers...

One of the first times we met as a group I remember sitting on her couch crying about feeling overwhelmed with parenting our two little boys at the time.   She has walked through so much with me over the past 8 years...parenting/marriage ups and downs, Kelsey's death, my crisis of faith, my parents divorce...she has been a true blessing...

Last evening we had our mentor group and their families over for a cookout.  It was great to catch up with everyone...



...the sunset over our house after dinner...



...Betsy enjoying our tree swing...


It was a blast...the kids played, some of them ate ice cream for dinner, they ran after fireflies as the sun slipped away and they danced way past 9:00.



My boys woke up (late) this morning and asked if we could do it all again!   
...beautiful...the stuff memories are made of...


video: if you received this post via email...please visit www.ouradventurewithboys.com to view the video

0 comments: