July 29, 2013

Multitude Monday #4121 - #4142...

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.   Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
James 1:2-4


Today along with the Gratitude Community I practice the discipline of gratitude and list his gifts from this past week...

...time with a friend at the playground while the boys played...

...that the boys followed directions and called Daddy when my back went into a severe spasm...

So I ran this morning and then tried to help Will out of his chair and I couldn't stand back up...thankful for my kids that called Daddy, a friend that helped Wes carry me to the car to see the DR and my dad that came down to help with the kids.  My muscl

...that my friend came over right away to help until Wes got here...she helped Wes carry me to the car...and took my kids so Wes could take me to the doctors...

...that my dad was willing and able to come and stay for the week to help with the boys...

...catching this glimpse of summer...a boy swinging free and blowing bubbles as the sun rises...

My view from here on this beautiful "fall like" day...#1000gifts



...watching Dad play wiffleball with the boys out the window...

Morning baseball with Poppy...⚾ #1000gifts #mykidsaregoingtomisshim



...Micaiah's caring spirit...
2 of my caretakers joined me on the park bench...  #macefamilysummer


...hearing Will giggle as he chased him... 



...hearing this quote on one of my favorite period drama pieces as I was resting my back on the couch...
"health is the greatest of God's gifts, but we take it for granted; yet it hangs on a thread as fine as a spider's web and the smallest thing can make it snap, leaving even the strongest of us helpless in an instant and in that instant hope is our protector and love our panacea."  
Jennifer Worth, Call of the Midwife

...a meal from a friend...

...Dad's help weeding...

...my husbands tireless work to keep things running when I wasn't able to help...

...a friends grocery store run...

...Eli teaching Will to swing all by himself...


...another friends offer to take the boys to the playground while Will, Dad, Eli and I napped...

...Overhearing Wes and Micaiah's conversation about Wes' overnight business trip...
Micaiah says "Oh you're only going to Florida for one day?"  
"Yes, buddy.  One day isn't that long."
 "Hey dad...one day is one day too long."

...the ability to cook dinner...

...Dad and I belly laughing over Will jumping in and confusing a game of tag on the playground...

...attending a neighborhood party and meeting many more neighbors...

...baseball with his pitchback until sunset...

Baseball with his pitchback until sunset this evening... #macefamilysummer



 




1 comments:

Jennifer Dougan said...

Hi Jenna,

Nice to meet you. I'm hopping over from Ann's link up and counting gifts with you.

I'm so sorry about your back pain! My husband went through something like that several summers ago, and it has filled him with more understanding and empathy with people facing that. Ouch. :)

Thankful with you for the friends and family who pitched in to bring you meals, care for your boys, etc. Thankful you are healing too.

Have a great week,
Jennifer Dougan
www.jenniferdougan.com