February 7, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...

1. I grew up in a trailer court in a small town in Pennsylvania.
2. Spanking was an allowable punishment in my elementary school in Pennsylvania. I can still remember begging my brother to put on his coat so he wouldn't get spanked. That was one of the reasons we moved to Maryland (Thanks Mom).
3. I got caught stealing school supplies from my teacher in 2nd grade..luckily my mother caught me and made me return them so I wasn't spanked (Thanks again Mom)!
4. Because of number 1, I am a Steelers fan and I don't understand why people in Baltimore think I should root for the Ravens.
5. My grandmother always told me to marry my best friend...I'm so glad I did!
6. I live just miles from my grandmothers birthplace and childhood home (we did not know that when we bought the house). We recently took her back to her childhood home and she told us stories that I will remember forever.
7. I have a friend that visited and said our neighborhood reminded her of a Norman Rockwell painting...I thought that was sweet and funny all at the same time.
8. I have three boys. Micaiah looks like my husband, Eli is the spitting image of me and Joshua looks like my cousin who passed away unexpectedly when he was 2 months old.
9. Regarding number 8...I have always believed and trusted in God but I questioned my faith more than ever after Kelsey passed away. Thank God for my husband and close friends that reminded me of His faithfulness. That tragedy will forever mark the way I view life and interact with those around me.
10. I ran the Baltimore Running Festival 1/2 marathon in '06 and I have no recollection of crossing the finish line...I do however remember asking the police officer on the side of the road for his bottle of water!
11. Regarding running...I jumped in and ran the last 4 miles with my Dad in his first Boston Marathon (he'll forever call me "bandit"). I'm glad I did it then because now I can't keep up with him and I will probably never qualify on my own accord!
12. My favorite season is fall...something about the cool crisp air.
13. I felt really challenged last year to focus on gratitude which made a big difference in my day to day life.
14. I was a pediatric physical therapist in the inner city before I decided to stay home with our kids. Working in the inner city was awesome!
15. I prefer a comedy over anything else...I love to laugh.
16. I am a big fan of ... (meaning I use "..." in place of proper grammar, I had to clarify because Wes was sure that I meant something else:)
17. I used to make "soup" out of rotten stuff from our garden and make my brother eat it.
18. I never ever thought I would home school my kids.
19. I played basketball in high school. They nicknamed me "the hacker." I could foul out in no time flat!
20. I love photography and want to find time to learn more about taking great pictures.
21. I always thought I would move back closer to my family but this is just right.
22. I am seriously addicted to chocolate chip cookie dough baked or unbaked I always have some around.
23. I was with my grandfather when he had a heart attack on the Super Dooper Looper at Hershey Park...yes, he lived to laugh about it!
24. My dad wrote me hilarious top ten lists when I was going through the toughest part of PT school (summer anatomy- dissecting a cadaver) that I still have to this day. He even named my cadaver "Don Leevmi Likthis.
25. I regret not taking my maiden name, Jordan, as my middle name.

1 comments:

kkinard said...

Maybe after I can breathe again, I will come up with 25 random things. Loved reading this--it encouraged me on a difficult day. Hoping to visit a trailer park again one day.