February 7, 2009

Wes' List of 26...

1) Like my wife, I'm also a big fan of....
2) I like the history channel.
3) I love being a dad.
4) When I was in high school I was a band geek. Worked out pretty well, how many of you are still playing sports every week?
5) I should have been a baseball player. I can pitch t-balls with the best of them.
6) I've been in 6 countries in my life (Nicaragua, Guatemala, Germany, Canada, Bulgaria and the US).
7) Before I met my wife, I didn't eat desert after every meal.
8) I love the Yough Lake! I love the smell of it, the feel of it, to take a bath in it, to ski in it, etc.
9) I grew up in a trailer park that had over 200 trailers. We had a big wheel gang and everything. Every kid should grow up in a trailer park. I may sell my house. Are there trailer parks in Baltimore?
10) If I could be any animal I would be an eagle.
11) Bob Villa has nothing on me.
12) I play an American Fender Telecaster....at least I try.
13) I've always been blessed with great friends.
14) I love to give things away. Doesn't really matter what it is....except to car thieves of course.
15) My car was stolen a few years ago. My son wanted to lock the guy up for a thousand years. I think that would teach the guy a lesson.
16) It's hard to think about 26 random things when you're watching TV. I think the "multitasking" excuse is a weak way to say "I'm not paying attention to you". I'm back now.
17) I always wanted to marry a smokin' hot woman. Life just seems to work out for me.
18) I had a KISS album when records were still cool....I think I was 7 or 8. I also had a full console record player, in our trailer of course.
19) The first real job I had was at a place called Gyro King in the Morgantown Mall. That's in West Virginia. By the way, I grew up in West Virginia. (That's a bonus).
20) My favorite vacation was with my wife and kids in St. Petersburg, FL. It was after a long and stretching season in my career and it was just what we needed.
21) I never thought I would have kids. I really wasn't a big fan, or a little fan. Once I met some really good ones at the right time (Thanks Page's!) I had to try it out. Now I have 3.
22) My little sister rocks! I live vicariously through her now. She goes to college at Cal in Brownsville, PA and has a house on campus. I lived at home through college. The rent was awesome! I had $0 in loans when I got out. I also had no job. A Biology degree isn't something that you typically end with, but I was finished. That's OK, I like my job better than cells, plants and stuff anyway.
23) My first car was a Chevy Cavalier. Then I upgraded to a Dodge Shadow, which really wasn't an upgrade. I paid for that @#$#@$ thing at least two times. New engine, new clutch, new...... Now I'm a foreign motors kind of guy.
24) I'm a big Larry Norman fan, mainly the acoustic stuff from later in his career. It's authentic. My wife hates it.
25) I'm a technology guy, but I don't necessarily like where it's going. Humans were made for relationships and community. Facebook is great, don't get me wrong. But it's not the real thing. Neither is email, voicemail or the internet. I'm glad I know my neighbors and can hug my friends!
26) I'm glad to be known by God. The Bible screams that God was to be known by his creation. Somehow, we've corrupted the message but it's really simple. The way I feel about my kids....that admiration and love. That's God, and how He feels about us.

0 comments: