January 16, 2012

Multitude Monday #1772 - #1793...

I have decided to take Ann's Joy Dare and capture three specific gifts each day...
3gifts/day:1000gifts/year: JOY DARE!
I've
shared before how much this 1000 gift challenge has transformed my life and moved me from getting through my days with "the grim strength of gritting my teeth" to "the glory-strength God gives...that endures the unendurable and spills over into joy" (Colossians 1:9-12)


January 9th
a gift in my hand... my camera
a gift I walked by...brothers caring for one another
a gift I sat with...Eli sitting in my lap as we look through his "looking book"

January 10th
a gift that's sour...more difficult news about him
a gift that's sweet...my husband's gift of a fountain coke
a gift that's Just. Right...going to bed at a good time

January 11th...3 yellow things that strike you as fresh mercy
the yellow tulips in her vase that the little one points out to me and how he asks me to bend low and smell
the yellow mitten he chooses to lace up
the yellow sunlight streaming in the window

January 12th
gift above...the bright sun shining down today
gift below...baby saying "kiss"
gift beside...my husband as we sleep

January 13th...3 sounds you hear
wind rushing through the trees
Will singing "Sing, Sing, Sing" as he plays
boys coming home

January 14th...3 ways you glimpsed the startling grace of God
geese startled into flight
a trail run around the lake with my husband
conversation lingering long with him



January 15th
one thing I wore...brown riding boots
one thing I gave away...a copy of One Thousand Gifts
one thing I shared...thanks for a quiet weekend away just my husband and me


5 comments:

Amy said...

Love your list. Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer said...

I also have just boys. They are an adventure!

I especially liked your gift of a weekend away with your husband. Those times are so precious, aren't they?

Stefanie Brown said...

Beautiful list!
How blessed!

Blue Cotton Memory said...

Oh, I love your yellow blessings - and long conversations that linger with your husband - really all of them but those just captured my heart! Wishing you beautiful blessings this week!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

I have three boys...love your list of gifts and join you in the counting!