May 14, 2008

...and this is how it ended!

The adventure this morning led to an early lunch and rest time. I thank God for the ability to make things new! During the boys rest time I decided to "bury" a treasure in the backyard. I drew a map of the backyard and marked the buried treasure spot with an X.
It took the boys a little while to "read" the map (when Micaiah asked what the swing set was in the picture...I told myself that this was not a reflection of my artistic capabilities).

They went digging in the dirt with their shovels...

and found the loot...some "play money" and a lollipop surprise at the bottom.


Joshua enjoyed his lollipop and kept saying that he found "a thousand dollars!"


I think the lollipops helped with the overwhelming feeling of love for one another...Joshua said "I love you very much Micaiah" as he gave him a hug.


I pray that tomorrow will start how this day ended...but it's mornings like today that remind me I need to press in close to God for His help along this journey.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: