March 8, 2014

A Lenten Reflection..."Remedy"...

For the last year or so, I have been honored to be a part of a writing group.  If you follow my Multitude Monday posts, I have frequently referenced it as one of my gifts.  We were recently asked to write some lenten reflections to be used as a part of "40 Days | A Guide for Lent." 



 ~Joshua at the Jumonville Cross Easter Weekend 2012




“Remedy” by The David Crowder Band

Here we are, here we are. The broken and used, mistreated, abused. Here we are. Here You are, here You are. The beautiful one, who came like a Son. Here You are.

So we lift up our voices. We open our hands. To cling to the love that we can’t comprehend. Oh, lift up your voices. And lift up your heads. To sing of the love that has freed us from sin.

He is the one who has saved us. He is the one who embraced us. He is the one who has come and is coming again. He’s the remedy.

Here we are, here we are. Bandaged and bruised awaiting a cure. Here we are. Here You are, here You are. Our beautiful King bringing relief. Here You are with us

So we lift up our voices and open our hands. Let go of the things that have kept us from Him. 

Recently, one of our children has repeatedly asked us to listen to “Remedy.”   I’ve always loved the song but it’s taken on new meaning for me since his inquiries.  Most of the time as we’re listening to the song he will ask me “Mom, what is your favorite part of this song?”    One day I asked him the same question.  He replied, 

“He is the one who has saved us. He is the one who embraced us.
He is the one who has come and is coming again. He’s the remedy.”

Then I asked him what that verse of the song meant for him.  He said, ”In heaven there will be no more _________.”  When he answered, he listed the one thing that has brought him the most shame, defeat, and failure.  His awareness of the brokenness of this world is one thing but his ability to recognize Jesus as the remedy is another.  So often I think I can fix that one thing in my own life.  I can’t.  He can.  He’s the remedy.


Jesus, here we are, bandaged and bruised, awaiting a cure.  We open our hands to the One that comes to heal our brokenness.  Quiet our souls, let us trust in Your provision and love.
| Jenna Mace


0 comments: