May 2, 2011

Multitude Monday #736 - 760...


"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful."
Hebrews 12:28


"When a problem pops up in your life, be glad...A problem gives you two choices. You can get upset and throw a fit, which will take you down into a pit of feeling sorry for yourself. Or you can see the problem as a ladder, a chance to climb up into My Presence...This world will tell you that problems bring you down and make you weaker. But I say, problems are a chance for you to be lifted up and made stronger."
Jesus Calling 365 Devotions for Kids by Sarah Young

Thank you God for speaking to me as a little child...I continue on my journey of thankfulness... choosing to see both good and bad as a way to draw close to you.

736...our backyard alive with color
737...a good cry
738...open and honest communication
739...digging deep and listening to Him to determine the issue at hand
740...a timely call from my aunt
741...a day to make a different choice
742...an outdoor surprise at one of our favorite hiking places

743...seeing him explore a dandelion for the first time...slobber and all
744...seeing him begin to let go of his security and stability and take the risk to stand alone
745...time with a friend
746...making worship CD's with her for encouragement to "think on what is true" during down time
747...boys and bat bags
748...his first game
749...boys causing hurt...that allowed us to talk about what God thinks of him
750...boys offering forgiveness and peace offerings
751...thumb skin healed from the injury on Easter Sunday
752...snuggling with Micaiah to watch the Royal Wedding
753...having a chance to tell him (and remind myself) that the reason we are so captivated by love is because God designed us with a desire to love and be loved that can be filled only by Him
754...Wes' constant reminders
755...hearing him say "Nonny, I think the Chronicles of Narnia tells the story of the Bible" and then hear him process the similarities
756...seeing them explore and find new places to play
757...boys with ice cream cones
758...brothers snuggling in our bed in the early morning
759...Micaiah seeing a picture of Will and hearing him say "I love that little tuft of hair right there."
760...a reminder that when I am weak, He is strong...2 Corinthians 12:9


6 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I REALLY had a hard time picking a favorite this week. They were all so good. I paused for a while on "a good cry." Maybe because I had one of those this week, too. There's something cleansing about those when they come.

But I loved the boys with the bat bags, too. Oh, to be young again!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing and for giving me a peek into your life this week. It was great to have been here!

Unknown said...

Jumped over from Ann's I love the reminder that when I am weak he is strong ...

Kristin Bridgman said...

Thank you for coming over to my place:)
I absolutely loved your list. I can't just pick one. And your boys are precious!
It's nice to "meet" you!

Jen said...

I loved 749 and 750...it's so important for boys to learn how to handle disappointments and to learn to be grateful for the lesson. What a beautiful family, and a wonderful list.

Christina said...

Love the slobbering baby:) Boys are so wonderful. I enjoyed your list, thanks for sharing!

Nacole said...

what i loved..."a good cry"...dont we all have to do that?...love the admitting it. "digging deep and listening to him to find the real issue"...this is encouraging bc i have to do the same, it is hard, and i need more patience. "in my weakness he is strong"...yes, he is made stronger in me when i am weak! this was encouraging for me; i needed it--thank you! its amazing how the honest, transparent struggles of one mom can encourage another so effortlessly.