May 23, 2011

Multitude Monday #835 - #873....

"Gifts He bestows. This writing it down- it is sort of like...unwrapping love."
Ann Voskamp

I continue on my journey toward 1000 gifts...joining with the Gratitude Community to list the gifts that He bestows as I go about my day...


Monday, May 16th
835...homemade muffins in the morning
836...watching him run through a field of yellow buttercups to see the train
837...his gift of 2 handpicked buttercups for me
838...our rhododendron in bloom
839...Micaiah's new Lego creation (picture to come)
840...the large white oak in our front yard

Tuesday, May 17th
841...an early morning run
842...the sound of a woodpecker
843...messes all before lunchtime (a full bottle of hot sauce broken on the floor, a full glass of water on the table, a bag of sunflower seeds all over the floor, half a bottle of the babies veggie puffs) that encourage me to mop the floor
844...how a "dance party" is just as good for me as it is for the boys
845...drawing letters on their backs for them to guess
846...hearing him say that the reason that he wants to grow up is so "he can marry me"~ Joshua


Wednesday, May18th
847...boys in a self-made fort
848...hugs from the baby
849...coloring with Eli
850...receiving their baseball team pictures
851...dirty clothes that reminds me of the joy of boys in mud puddles



Thursday, May 19th
852...seeing the sunlight streaming in the morning


853...the quick cycle on the washer when you realize he has no clean shorts for school
854...walk with Eli where he discovers some of the beauties of God's creation



855...discovering Hockey Guys in my shoes and thinking of the little boy that must have hid them in there

856...homemade cookies and cream ice cream


Friday, May 20th
857...early morning snuggle with the baby
858...hearing his heart about wanting to stay close to home
859...a game of playground tag between the boys and I
860...rest at night


Saturday, May 21st
861...breakfast with Micaiah
862...hearing his response when I asked him what he was most excited for this summer..."being baptized in the lake."
863...Wes' return from his hiking/camping trip
864...hearing the boys ask questions about his adventure and seeing the little one explore the tent
865...a 2 hour nap for me
866...girls night with my small group

Sunday, May 22nd
867...early morning baby kisses (he must have missed me last night)
868...A Mystery Ride
869...exploring new places
870...him showing me how he has learned to write in cursive
871...The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller...wow, I have been listening to this and it is changing the way I have always looked at Luke 15: 11-32
872...a good laugh
873...that he learned to pump!



3 comments:

Deborah said...

What a great list. Thanks for sharing. Loved drawing letters on backs with my kids.
Blessings

Denise J. Hughes said...

Love your list ... and the pictures too. The one of the muddy rainboots is my favorite. :)

This is my first time here. It's nice to "meet" you.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

There are dirty shoes on my front porch right now from boys playing in mud puddles...thank you for helping me view the mess with a grateful heart.