April 13, 2009

"Slimey"...

This afternoon Joshua found "a Slimey." There is something about this little guys tender heart toward others (even animals) that I adore...he asked me to pull them (Josh and "Slimey") in the wagon because "Slimey wanted to go for a ride."
Unfortunately during the ride, "Slimey" got a little dirty. Joshua was sad and wanted to clean him. So, we got some water and poured it in our large dumptruck for "Slimey's " bath. But, "Slimey" couldn't stay there because as Joshua put it, "this is not a safe place for him."
He thought this was a better place...
riding right along next to him. At one point Joshua even serenaded "Slimey" with a rendition of "I Saw the Light."

I had to chuckle because in my heart of hearts I knew "Slimey" was "seeing the light" but not because of a lack of love that is for sure!

0 comments: