December 20, 2010

Multitude Monday...

continuing my way to 1000 gifts as part of The Gratitude Community

142...building legos with him

143...his wheezing is all gone!

144...no need to go outside on a very cold and windy day

145...gifts from Mom Mom for the prize box

146...her encouragement to work on positive reinforcement

147...remembering faces, relationships as we address Christmas cards

148...him helping me put the stamps on the cards

149...opening Christmas cards and remembering faces, relationships

150...taking him to music class

151...seeing him do exactly what Micaiah did 6 1/2 years ago...setting up a drumset on the floor while the other kids marched around

152...hearing the little one "singing" in music class

153...husband and kid decorated tree

154...his forgiveness when my words hurt

155...dinner in Little Italy with our small group friends

156...hearing from a friend the difficult words that we need to work on some things with him

157...praying/talking with him about humility, compassion and kindness and remembering that my actions speak louder than my words

158..roadside tree stands because this year I'm trying to let g
o of expectations that are too much with our busy family right now

159...birds at the bird feeder

160...the boys excitement as they call out the names of the different birds they see

161...gently falling snow on outstretched tongues

162...santa hats

163...walkie talkies

164..."Nonny will you hold me?" from the second one

165...snuggling with him and telling him that God made him our "snugglebug"

166...him wanting to hear the story over and over again

167...Christmas chapel at school

168...realizing my nightmare (yes I have nightmares about things like the kids being dressed wrong for chapel) came true

169...realizing that there wasn't much I could do or maybe there was...

170...that Eli had a nice sweater on so we sent it via messenger to his teacher sitting next to him in the front row...yes it was at least 2 years too small...trust me it was better than the alternative...

171...that it was Joshua and not Micaiah because his personality accepts imperfections (I have so much to learn from him!)

172...hearing them sing "Go Tell It On the Mountain"

173...watching his arm motions and seeing his belly :) because he was in his brothers sweater

174...for the donkey in the Christmas play "I said the donkey shaggy and brown..."

175...making pretzel treats with them



4 comments:

Mary Prather said...

I loved reading your list -- there's something about little boys, isn't there? This is my first time at your blog, and I'll be back!

Many blessings,
Mary
http://homeschoolsuccess.blogspot.com

livinginbetween said...

Don't you love those programs and songs! I love to hear children sing "Go Tell It on the Mountain." There's just something perfect about that song with their voices -- even in sweaters two sizes too small. But at least their hearts are large! ;)

Merriest of Christmases to you. What a great list of so many good things to give thanks!!

Heather said...

Oh, those sweet sweater comments! Priceless! I laughed out loud because it just so much like my life too :)
The link for the the reading challenge is here... http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com/2008/12/kids-winter-reading-challenge.html

Thanks for the reminder to post that! I'm sure it will benefit others as well.
Have a wonderful Christmas.

Hannah said...

#147 and #157 are really resonating with me. Thanks for sharing! Hopped over to you from A Holy Experience.