February 14, 2011

Multitude Monday #281-311...

"The highest form of prayer is to the goodness of God...God only desires that our soul cling to him with all of its strength, in particular, that it clings to his goodness. For of all the things our minds can think about God, it is thinking upon his goodness that pleases him most and brings the most profit to our soul."
Julian of Norwich

so I continue my journey toward 1000 gifts as part of the Gratitude Community...attempting to "see" his goodness throughout my days

281...God's reminder to pray NOT worry
282...baby splashing in the bath
283...neighbor helping with the kids so I could make an important meeting
284...morning muffins with Eli and Will
285...Eli retelling the story of "The Two Little Trains"
286...Book club discussing this book
287...a friend joining me
288...profile of sleeping baby in my arms
289...LeapFrog Letter Factory DVD
290...switching gears and learning to roll with the punches
291...a baby cold that DID NOT turn into bronchiolitis
292...watching Will try to catch dust particles in the streams of sunlight
293...flour dust flying from indoor construction site
294...Eli making Will laugh as he eats his lunch
295...Micaiah's fascinating facts as he climbs into bed with us in the morning
296...Eli's forgiveness
297...worship in the car after news I'd rather not have heard
298...a friends text of "The Lord is your helper, don't be afraid."
299...freshly clean kitchen counters (just one side but it's better than nothing!)
300...buffalo, rhino and zebra pancakes on Saturday morning
301...catching the beautiful colors across the sky at sunrise
302...flowers from all the men in the house
303...a family winter hike
304...boys sliding down snowy hill on their bellies
305...reenactment of The Three Billy Goats Gruff on the bridge in the woods
306...our valentines day message
307...dinner date with Wes
308...a "treasure" box and journals for years of memories
309...packing heart shaped sandwiches in their lunch boxes
310...making heart shaped sugar cookies with Eli to surprise the boys after school
311...that the Lord sustained me through a week of sleepless nights with the little one sick



6 comments:

marlece said...

Hi Jenna, I have four boys myself. I think we must have much in common. Look forward to reading more!

Wes said...

I love seeing your view wof our family! I love you!
Wes

Wes said...

I love seeing your view of our family! I love you!

Craig said...

I clicked over from Ann’s today. A little late – but there are so many to read!

First – yes, oh yes, from Julian of Norwich – so much wisdom from those who have one before us – amen.

My favorite from your thankful list is this one ... 309...packing heart shaped sandwiches in their lunch boxes (I never used to appreciate moms like you for what you do – but in reading so many – and blogging in this community – this love – this heart shaped samdwich love – I am daily just more and more amazed.)

God Bless and Keep you and your family

Oh, and Happy day after Valentine’s Day.

Nikki said...

I remember the days of being thankful for the Letter Factory DVD too. That brought a smile to my face. You have a sweet, sweet family!

Dianna said...

A very precious list!