September 7, 2011

Perspective...

After we spent a good portion of the afternoon trying to shop vac the water and emptying buckets out of the basement...we realized we were fighting a loosing battle and resorted to ripping up the carpet and carpet pad underneath.
This day began emotional for me...dropping Joshua and Micaiah off for their first day of school, Joshua's IEP meeting shortly thereafter so when I looked at the basement the emotions came around again. I left the house to go on a walk telling Wes before I left that I knew I could be thankful that it did not damage the sunroom...I had no idea I had a lot more than that to be thankful for...











Yes, this is our neighborhood playground...the houses nearby are being threatened by flood waters...not just their basements...their houses. Thank you God for prompting me to go outside for a walk...and bringing me the perspective that I needed at just the right time.

0 comments: