January 23, 2012

Multitude Monday # 1794 - #1814...

3gifts/day:1000gifts/year:JOY DARE!

January 16th...3 ways you witnessed happiness this morning
...Wes soaking up the minutes with Will as they sing and dance together
...Hearing Eli exclaim in the middle of the restaurant "God made everything and Jesus helped him...He made the cars, the trees and the road."
...Joshua adding "Yeah and Jesus died on the cross for our sins and that's how He made God happy."

January 17th
one gift that made me laugh...boys splashing in mud puddles




one gift that made me pray
...an email from his teacher
one gift that made me quiet...this picture from his plane...Daddy was coming home early!




January 18th...3 gifts from God's word
...Psalm 71:5,6
"
For you have been my hope, Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
I will ever praise you."


...Habakkuk 3:19
"The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to tread on the heights."
the yellow sunlight streaming in the window

...Psalm 145:19
"He fulfills the desire of those who fear him;
he hears their cry and saves them."

January 19th
a grace in the kitchen...homemade brownies
a grace in the weather...bright streams of sunlight



a grace that might never have been
...afternoon conversation with a friend because of an impromptu playdate


January 20th...3 gifts you saw only when you got close-up
...his beautiful little hand



...an embrace from Micaiah
...how he called me close to show me the daffodils emerging from the ground

January 21st
one thing in the sky... the first snow of the winter



one thing from your memory...how moving toward gratitude rather than bitterness has transformed my life
one thing that's ugly-beautiful...the truth about the neighbors broken window and the important conversation that followed


January 22nd
one grace wrinkled...Will screaming as we left church because he wanted to go into the main congregation to "Sing, Sing"
one grace smoothed...how the boys erupted into a chorus of his favorite songs to help him calm down as we drove home
one grace unfolded...watching old home videos after "sundaes on Sunday"


3 comments:

Kelly Hallahan said...

beautiful, happy list! we're loving our own adventure with boys as well! and this Joy Dare- how it's bringing us together- I love seeing your responses to His daily graces. It's fun being on a treasure hunt together and no two treasures are the same! Blessings from Uganda

Amy said...

Always love reading your about your adventures with boys - since all my adventures are with girls :)

Thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

love the puddle pics! so much fun- wonderful gifts- thanks for sharing!