March 12, 2012

Multitude Monday #1982 - #2006...

"Our sufferings etch engraved invitations to intimate places with God." Beth Moore

Giving thanks with the
Gratitude Community for His unending gifts ...


1982...Eli pretending that Will was Jesus and Cameron was God and when I asked him what they're going to do he answers...."They're just playing now."...and how this makes me ponder the playfulness of Jesus.

1983...watching this basketball game

1984...nebulizers that help the coughing stop

1985...snow flurries blowing

1986...trees in bloom



1987..."Mom we're doing amazing teamwork." Micaiah's comment about the boys basketball game as I come outside to take them to school.

1988...Hosea 6:3
"Let us acknowledge the LORD;
let us press on to acknowledge him.
As surely as the sun rises,
he will appear;
he will come to us like the winter rains,
like the spring rains that water the earth.”

1989...singing this song over and over and thinking when we are "between the rains" He promises that as long as the sun comes up in the morning we can be confident that He is coming...




1990...Micaiah and Eli hand in hand

1991...Eli bringing me the smallest flower as he says "Look what I found for you!"

1992...how Eli stood his ground in the middle of WalMart wanting to buy flowers for me and how funny it must of been for my Dad to try to talk him out of it (because they had walked there and he knew he would have to carry Eli home)

1993...Jesus being glorified as I share my story

1994...Eli's response to "You're my best friend"...how he holds his face and says "No, Jesus is your best friend!"

1995...the words to Forget What You Know by Caedmon's Call

1996...how at the produce market he picks out watermelon, mangos, kiwi, and pineapple and says "I want to have all of that with a cream cheese and honey sandwich for lunch!"

1997...seeing the spark in my grandmothers eyes and knowing that she recognized me somewhere deep within even though Alzheimer's has taken her ability to speak my name

1998...thinking about what a joy it will be on the other side of heaven when she is healed from this horrible disease

1999...the beauty of the process and learning to accept it as such

2000...how this 1000 gift challenge continues to transform me from the inside out so I keep counting the gifts

2001...how when Will was singing at the lunch table Eli says "He's singing Beautiful Things Mama!"

2002...little boys counting the days until we go to the lake

2003...Learning Expo at school and how the boys were excited to take me from room to room...making ice cream, squishing grapes, making amphoras, exercising for snacks...








2004...the 3rd graders all dressed in togas (a horrible picture but it's the only one I have!)




2005...a morning of geocaching and how we found 3 out of 4 caches and along the way found a tree and stopped to count the rings, a tuft of hair from a deer tail and a turkey wing








2006...an afternoon that turned into evening catching up with friends




2 comments:

monica said...

Just came across your blog from A Holy Experience…I also have four boys so I feel connected to you! :)
Beautiful gratitudes, and a lovely family! I'll be back…;)

Rebecca said...

Well, I actually think the third graders look rather cute, you caught the action. I'm thankful there was a spark in your grandmother's eye when you visited her, such a hard disease. Your photography is beautiful, especially the tree and I really enjoyed reading through your list. Blessings to you, dear sister!