January 20, 2014

Multitude Monday #4432 - #4455...

"Give thanks with a grateful heart..."
1 Thessalonians 5:18

Today along with the Gratitude Community I list His endless gifts as I press into Him.  The one that promises that He is good and He is worthy of our praise...


...a quiet house...

...falling into routines again...

...a fever that forces slow days...



...bumping into a friend at the library one morning...for the conversation that follows and the tears that bring healing...

 ...this poem "Welcome to Holland" that makes us think and move more toward acceptance...

 ...baking a sweet treat with this little helper...


 ...finding Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected--A Memoir by outstanding photographer and writer Kelle Hampton...

...the stunning sunset after a dark cloudy day...

...A discussion about forgiveness and mess ups with Micaiah one evening before bed.  When he says 
"But I always do it.  How can I ask him for forgiveness again?  He won't want to accept my apology." 
I remind him how often he's extended forgiveness to me when I mess up and my anger explodes...and when he asks his brother for forgiveness his brother willingly accepts and gives him in a big hug...

...the smile that follows from knowing that he had been forgiven...

...Eli with his head lamp and a pile of books...


...Will and Eli's relationship...their giggles in the early morning as they gather in one of their beds...
 
...a few stolen moments at Barnes and Noble with Eli...where we find a comfy spot and he reads me a book...


...football between brothers as they wait for the bus...
 

...Wes reading the Lord of the Rings to Micaiah...

...an incredibly heartfelt and encouraging email from friends that are oceans away but ever so near in our hearts and minds...

...chocolate pie from Mom Mom...



...the beautiful sunrise on a difficult day...



...time to play with my "real" camera and this little guy...


...hours and hours of fun, laughter and creativity as the boys put together this "Dude Perfect Audition" Video...

...tent camp out in the basement...

...coming across this quote...and knowing that it's just the beginning of our vulnerability as parents...
To love anything is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it up carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable." 
- C.S. Lewis




2 comments:

Craig and Bethany said...

I love that quote. And the last picture cracks me up. My sister-in-law has four boys. It's a whole different kind of wonderful. I can tell you love it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Bethany. Your blogs is one of my favorite Multitude Monday spots!