January 17, 2015

Week 2:52 {Storytelling}...

Eight years ago, when our oldest boy was turning 4...I remember my mother-in-law, Cerenna saying to me "four is a magical age."  Now the youngest of our four boys has less than 3 months left in his fourth year and her words ring true more than ever.  She was right there is something magical about this age...
the way he notices every little detail...
the way he compliments me when I do something kind for him...
the way he holds my cheeks and tells me he loves me...
the way he snuggles up to me to read him a book...
the way he grabs my face and turns my head to capture my attention...
the way he is learning to write his name, count everything and ask me constantly what does "....." start with...
the way he still needs help, but is excited about gaining independence...
the way he comes down the attic steps in the morning with "dranky" in hand ready to snuggle...
the way he says "I'm going to stay 4 forever!"...

These are just a few magical things about him being 4...

 We spent the other day on a train adventure; his favorite kind of adventure.  I took my tripod hoping to grab a picture of the two of us to "remember" this season.  I had a little difficulty setting up the scene (we were watching the train run along the tracks above the tunnel) but this photo definitely tells a story, and it's one I will cherish...

0 comments: