October 22, 2008

Eli's first and hopefully the last visit...

from the Baltimore County Police.

We were coming in from outside after a playtime that went bad between two brothers and a neighbor. I had sent Micaiah in earlier for a "time out" due to the incident. When Josh, Eli and I came in I started talking to Micaiah about the way he was treating his brother. It went something like this (while Eli's little fingers were playing with the phone)...
"Micaiah, why did Mommy send you inside? Because I was being unkind to Joshua. You must always protect your brother. If you don't then I will have to ask your friends to leave next time."
Then I realized that Eli had been pushing buttons, so I took the phone and turned it off.
A few minutes later the phone rings...Wes answers the phone and then looks at me and says "Did you call 911?"
"Oh, no I bet Eli did."
The lady asks Wes his name and says she will try to intercept the officer sent out but it may be too late. So as we sat down for dinner last night the cruiser showed up and came inside "just to make sure everything was alright!"
Unfortunately, Micaiah panicked and thought that Eli was going to jail. And he wondered how long people are sent to jail. Wes didn't quite hear his concern and responded by saying "it depends on what you did." Don't worry we assured him that it was an accident and that the officer was not here to take Eli but to make sure we were all okay.
So, our topic of conversation over the dinner table last night was all about when we should call 911...
ahh life with boys is definitely an adventure!!!

0 comments: