April 26, 2014

Week 17:52 {Pastel}...

"My tip is to learn the rules of photography...and then don’t be afraid to break them.  Creativity is going beyond the rules and creating something different and unique."
 ~CapturedInPrint

Focus (or lack of focus) is one of the areas I've been playing with a little more often.  When I see a picture that shows a subject out of focus it allows me, the viewer, to fill in some of those details with my mind.  There is an air of mystery to the non-focused subject.  Unfortunately, I didn't fully achieve what I set out to do in the picture below but I love it anyway.

As I navigate this project, I'm becoming more comfortable in my own skin as a photographer.  I've read before
"an essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
For the past few years I've taken time to create regardless of whether other people will view it as "good."  I believe that in this process not only have I become less afraid of failing but I've also found Pablo Picasso's words to be true...
"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."


2 comments:

Emails to Mom-Mom said...

Love this.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jess! Hope you're enjoying the new baby!