April 2, 2008

Solar System Art

Micaiah drew this picture after our President's Day field trip to the Air and Space Museum. This is a picture of the space shuttle Atlantis in orbit.


This is Micaiah's watercolor collage of the solar system. I had planned on doing this art project on something about spring but followed his lead and this is the result. He painted the sun and each planet and we taped them on his "night sky" background. He liked this watercolor activity so much he replicated it the next day.

During "rest time" the other day he took the stickers we had of the solar system and colored the sky around them.

As I was watching him paint his second watercolor solar system today I said..."Micaiah you're going to be an artist when you grow up!" His response..."No, I'm going to be an elephant trainer." Wow, I never would have guessed!

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: