November 1, 2010

Multitude Monday...

"We pray that you'll have the strength to stick it out over the long haul—not the grim strength of gritting your teeth but the glory-strength God gives. It is strength that endures the unendurable and spills over into JOY, THANKING the Father who makes us strong enough to take part in everything bright and beautiful that he has for us."
Colossians 1:10-12 The Message

I have to admit...this week has felt a lot like the strength of "gritting my teeth" and not necessarily the "glory-strength God gives." It's difficult sometimes to retrain your eye to see the beauty in the chaos but I know one thing...God is worthy of our praises. This past week when I was reflecting on this, Chris Tomlin's "How Can I Keep From Singing" came on the radio...

"How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing"

so I continue my journey to 1000 gifts as a part of The Gratitude Community...

39...serving a God that is worthy of our praises

40..."Can you read the Bible? A lot?"..."What part Eli?"..."All of it!"

41...a dinner date with my man

42...healthy kids

43...serving a God that transforms

44...sweet conversation with a friend

45...a happy birthday note from Joshua

46...the neighborhood Halloween parade...and friends that always come and join us

47..."1, 2, 3, 4 kisses"...something that started one night and now the little one takes such joy in it

48...31 days to a better photo

49...for the comfort that only he can give because he's been in a broken, fallen world and died to save it!



holy experience

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Dinner dates with my man are the best Have a great week!